Summer Internships 2022 at Novelda AS
Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Internships 2022 at Novelda AS
Come join Norway´s most exciting tech scale up!
NOVELDA provides the world’s most accurate, intelligent and reliable sensor solution for human presence detection. Our ultra wideband (UWB) short-range impulse radar sensors help achieve new levels of user experience and interactivity in a variety of indoor applications, including consumer electronic devices and smart building systems. UWB radar technology can get accurate information about the surroundings and detect, identify and locate the objects it is set up to recognize. The world’s largest laptop vendor, Lenovo, is one of our customers.
NOVELDA was founded in 2004 and is today recognized as the world’s leading authority on UWB short-range radar sensor design. Our technology complies with worldwide UWB regulations and is protected by several design patents.
We are headquartered in Oslo with regional sales offices in San Jose and Hong Kong. We are employing a total of 79 employees and are growing fast. The last 12 months we have hired 25 people and are looking to expand further. So this is a unique opportunity to join a company right in the middle of take-off!
We are looking for 4 talented and passionate students for our 2022 summer internship program. As an intern at NOVELDA you will be a key resource in our development teams, solving interesting problems on projects across a wide range of technologies and methodologies. All focused around Ultra Wideband radars, of course.
Our goal is to offer all four interns a permanent position with NOVELDA after graduation.
The Novelda teams:
Test and Validation:
- Developing HW infrastructure and test programs for IC and sensor validation, characterization, and production testing.
- As a Test and Validation intern you should be comfortable in a lab environment, like to do hands-on testing and debugging, and a little bit of SW experience will not hurt.
Analog and Digital IC Design team:
- Contribute to realize our next generation of UWB radar ICs.
- Tasks may include design of analog, RF, digital or high-speed mixed-signal circuit blocks, verification, custom layout, digital synthesis, place&route and physical verification.
- You should be interested in circuit design and preferably have knowledge about state-of-the-art IC design tools.
- Work with the team which takes our UWB sensors into actual products with our customers.
- As an Application intern you will get insight into how our customers use our sensors and contribute to making the integration as easy as possible.
- Tasks will vary from programming SW applications to hacking/making sensor demos.
- You should be technical and outgoing, and a little bit of versatility is a plus.
SW, DSP and Data Science Teams:
- Our core product is HW, but it is no good without excellent SW. We have several teams solving problems across multiple dimensions of software development such as front-end and back-end programming, machine learning, data visualization and SW production environments.
- You should be interested in one or more of: C / C++, CMake, cloud computing tools and techniques, front-end design for web and web apps framework, software patterns, RTOS, bare-metal embedded, Linux kernel and device driver development, developing on deeply embedded and resource-restricted processors, ARM-based SoC architectures, real-time debugging tools, etc.
RF and Antenna Design Team:
- Antennas are a key part of our sensors, and essential for good presence detection performance. We specialize in making small, directive, and broadband antennas with as high efficiency as possible.
- Tasks will include design and verification of new and novel antenna designs, testing and characterization in RF lab and development of RF test systems
- You should be interested in RF design and measurement techniques. Experience with antenna/EM simulation and design tools is a plus.
• Currently pursuing a STEM degree, with a keen interest for finding practical, technological solutions to real-world problems.
• Analytical, with good trouble-shooting skills.
• Open minded and interested in learning as much as possible from other team members while also supporting and contributing back to the team.
• Interested in solving real life problems with the world´s best UWB radars.
• Teaming up with highly skilled and innovative colleagues in a dynamic working environment.
• Opportunity to develop products for global high-tech companies.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Opportunity for part-time job during studies and permanent job thereafter.
• Flexible start and end dates of the internship
State what you are currently focusing on in your studies, what you technical interests are, and which team in NOVELDA you would prefer to join. We will assign interns to the various teams based on this information. Also provide a CV and a transcript of your grades so far. Send the application to email@example.com. The deadline for application is December 31st, 2021.