IoT Engineering Internship - Summer 2022
Silicon Labs is a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
We love our interns! You will be solving interesting problems, you will have the opportunity to learn and network, and you will be guided by superstar mentors who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry. We still find time for social events and fun things along the way. Come spend your summer with us and discover why we attract the best and brightest.
Our Norway design center is brilliantly located in Nydalen, Oslo, and has around 50 employees from 10 different countries. In total Silicon Labs have close to 1900 employees all over the world.
What You’ll Do
Projects are specifically tailored to each intern, ensuring a meaningful contribution to both your skillset and Silicon Labs. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Analog design
- Architect, design and verify analog circuits such as OPAMPS, oscillators, ADC's, DAC's ++ for our IOT products
- Develop simple designs, work on layouts, run simulations or do measurements in the lab
- Digital design and verification
- Work on low power design in a novel power management chip and design circuits that achieve maximum power efficiency with minimum design & fabrication costs.
- Developing new software for automating tests or creating new tools
- Taking measurements to characterize
- Checking that our products meet the intended requirements
- Secure sub-system development and testing
- Security sample application development
- Penetration testing
- Secure sub-system driver development
- Embedded Software Development
- Enable machine learning in resource constrained IoT devices
- Making software for RISC-V based CPUs
- Hardware engineering
- Designing world-class development tools for Silicon Labs' portfolio of current and future microcontrollers, wireless devices, and sensor devices.
We are looking for talents studying in Norway, currently in their third or fourth year of a master degree within computer science, electronics, cybernetics, physics, mathematics or nano technology.
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Good analytical and system troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player
A summer job in Silicon Labs will give you:
- Relevant and meaningful educational experience
- Extensive mentorship from top engineers
- Opportunity to connect with our culture
Summer internships start in mid-June 2022 and we expect you to work for 7-8 weeks.
For your application, please make sure you submit all of the following documents:
- Cover letter - in English
- CV - in English
- Transcript of records (grades) from High School and University
We prefer to receive the documents in one single scanned file. There is no application deadline, as applicants will be considered continuously.
Silicon Labs is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.