Graduate Software Engineer
Are You Our New Graduate Software Engineer?
In Lysaker, near Oslo, you find Cisco Webex Development Center. We develop audio and video solutions that help millions of people connect and collaborate all over the world – without actually moving people around.
We make both hardware and software and develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, audio, media processing and artificial intelligence. Our products are used by small businesses and large corporations, universities, governments and international organizations – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
We are now looking for a new Graduate Software Engineer.
What You Will Do
Your role evolves as you get to know us, and we encourage you to try different roles and experience different teams and tasks. Our goal is making sure you can get the most of your potential, so that together we make the best possible products to help people connect and collaborate. When you arrive you get a mentor, so you always have someone to ask.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- join different teams in search of your perfect spot.
- explore programming and contribute to our product development.
- apply all your creativity and knowledge to the quest to create great video conference solutions.
- be part of one of the largest specialist environments on video collaboration in the world.
- attend national and international courses, seminars, conferences and workshops in order to stay up to date and learn new skills.
Who You Are
More important than your track-record, is your commitment, curiosity and willingness to learn. We are looking for people who want to become an expert in their field through working with us. In order to succeed, you also need to be a team player. We need to combine our brains, competences and expertise in order to deliver top of the shelf products.
In addition, do you have
- a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, or adequate experience? Relevant degrees might be computer science, computer engineering, informatics, electrical engineering, or a related subject such as math or physics.
- an interest in programming and development?
- a willingness to learn new skills and broaden your knowledge?
- ambition, both on behalf of yourself and your product?
- the magic combination of creativity and thoroughness?
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
We are nothing without our people. We depend on our people’s creativity, curiosity and ability to work together to solve interesting problems in elegant ways, and we work hard to be a place where people thrive and grow.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen and are proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s Best Workplace in 2021. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group –that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps in our in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you’re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
- and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!
Start date: August 2022
Application deadline: 31st of October - we review applications on an ongoing basis
Upon applying please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.