Cisco Norway is a world leader in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. We are 350 engineers who design all parts of our products – from hardware to software to industrial design. We take pride in our culture of innovation, inclusion and diversity. And now, we are growing!
Most of our engineers are working with software development (C, C++, Java, Python, Linux and embedded). We are all passionate about product development and programming and now we are kicking off the search for our new Graduate Software Engineers to strengthen our team. These roles will be working within a wide range of disciplines - to create our new video conferencing devices.
What you will do:
· Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms;
· Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article;
· Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers;
· Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues.
Our dream candidate:
· You are in your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
· You have an attractive academic record to show to.
· You are passionate about product development
· You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering
· You have some experience with multiple programming languages
· You possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
· You are comfortable with working in teams
· You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
What to expect from Cisco Norway?
You will join a world-class team with over 60% market share for our collaboration products and;
· You will work cross functionally and get to know other disciplines than your own.
· You will have the possibility to grow and develop, both personally and professionally, and be included in a network of amazing people.
· We have a lot of FUN, both at work and also out of work with offsites at the company cabin and during activities like cooking courses, kayaking, yoga and Oslo Toughest.
We will offer you a competitive combination of compensation and benefits; including 5 days for voluntary work, a day off on your birthday, 6 weeks of holiday, good pension benefits, insurances and of course free ice cream during warm summer days.
Have a closer look at the products we have developed at Lysaker: https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/#/en-us/product, and apply now!
Start date: August 2020 but this can be discussed
Work Location: Lysaker, just outside of Oslo
Upon applying please upload:
Cover letter/a little bit about yourself
University grade transcript
Cisco is the worldwide tech company with HQ in Silicon Valley. Our aim is to enable our customers to change the world by the use of technology. We are the market leader within networking, data center, security and collaboration solutions. Cisco´s corporate social responsibility initiatives drive partnerships that scale results and solve global problems. We measure our success by how we positively impact people, society, and the planet. Cisco has a strong culture of openness, trust and fun and we thrive on having the tools for a flexible work-life balance in a dynamic environment. Cisco Norway is a world leader in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. We are 350 engineers who design all parts of our products – from hardware to software to industrial design. The team is growing and we are looking for Graduate Software Engineers, Hardware/Electrical, Mechanical and User Experience designers. Most of our engineers are working with software development (C, C++, Java, Python, Linux and embedded). We are all passionate about product development and programming. These roles will be working within a wide range of disciplines - to create our new video conferencing devices. We can also offer students our award-winning Graduate Program designed for young talent aspiring to launch successful careers in sales or engineering. The Cisco Sales Associates Program will teach you how to change customers' businesses to be part of a digitized future. This one year program combines instructor-led classes with self-paced trainings and hands-on experience. All the trainings are delivered in virtual classrooms using Cisco's cutting-edge technologies. You will have a personal mentor and a dedicated team to support you in reaching your full potential. This is a one year trainee program in Amsterdam. In addition we can offer various summer internships, mainly within software engineering, but please contact us if there are other areas you are interested in. website: https://www.cisco.com/c/no_no/about/local.html careers: jobs.cisco.com