Who we are
Infront is a leading market data and trading solutions provider for finance professionals. We provide a unique combination of real-time global market data, news, analytics and trading tools that help keep our clients ahead of the game. Our services are trusted by over 20,000 subscribers in more than 50 countries worldwide, and we are always looking to expand or R&D team with talented individuals. Infront is located in London, Paris, Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Oslo, Cape Town and Johannesburg, and the company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange
For this position we are looking for tech-savvy students with machine learning expertise to join us for internships this summer and potentially part time and thesis collaboration during the fall. As part of the backend team you will contribute in the development of highly innovative products by using ML/quantitative techniques related to natural language processing and financial time series, both for internal use and as products deployed towards our customers.
Topics we will explore includes:
- * Real-time highly scalable recommender systems
- * Robo-journalism by deep neural networks
The candidate we are looking for
- * Masters/Phd student in computer science, data science, statistics or other related field
- * You are required to have hands-on experience with machine learning models through school projects or internships. Textual sources and time- series data will be our main focus.
- * Proficient in Python and experience with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- * Experience with at least a couple of the most common ml/ds libraries, such as Scikit, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Numpy or Pandas.
- * Creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- * Knowledge of distributed architecture and cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- * Good command of English, both written and oral
- * Interest in financial markets
Infront offers an exciting and challenging job within the financial technology sector. You will be a part of an active social environment with friendly, supportive and highly skilled colleagues. Being part of a company based on technological innovation will give you opportunities for personal growth and fulfilling career possibilities in a fast-paced environment. At the same time, we have an informal and relaxed culture based on mutual trust, respect and cooperation. Grab this opportunity to become a part of the Infront culture, where contributions are recognized and achievements are celebrated.
How to apply
If you think you’re the right candidate, please send us a short application with CV, overview over relevant courses taken and link to projects at GitHub etc, by using the apply for position button next to the finn.no ad.
Alongside the paid positions, we are also interested in thesis collaboration with ambitious students eager to apply machine learning to financial data. Get in touch if this sounds like you.
We look forward to hear from you.