Start Date: August 2018
Application deadline: Please note we review applications on an ongoing basis.
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Upon applying please attach your application/cover letter, CV and grade transcript
If you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers who create breathtaking collaboration products using bleeding edge technology in order to make it easier for people to connect. You will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
You will be part of a team that develops the next generation collaboration technology and cloud services. Our development team is involved from board bring up all the way to the user interface, as well as deploying software to our cloud platform. We use different programming languages for different use cases where C/C++, Java, Python on Linux and Android are the most frequently used.
What you will do:
- Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms
- Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article.
- Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers
Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
What you need to be eligible:
- In your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
- Passionate about product development
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Excellent academic record
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with working in teams
- Good English verbal and written skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
- Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all.
- A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
- Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco
- A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place To Work in 2015
- Design-awarded office: Our innovation center is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
Bring your personality to work:
We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills. Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They’re strengths we look for in every employee. Have a look at what our teams have been developing recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdMXDI_o_Y